Local Counties are looking for election workers to help conduct fair and accurate elections. Election workers serve as the foundation of our representative democracy.
If you are interested in making a difference in your community and country, please consider becoming an election worker and apply today!
- Early Voting Workers – Before all state and federal elections, the Supervisor of Elections staffs multiple early voting sites for voters who wish to cast their ballots prior to Election Day. Early Voting can begin from 10 to 15 days before the election and last from 8 to 14 days. Early voting hours range from 8 to 12 hours a day.
- Other Election Work – The Elections Office relies on temporary election workers to help answer phones in a Call Center environment; open mail ballots; sort and count ballots for the post election audit; process petitions for future ballot contests and initiatives; and perform other clerical tasks in support of upcoming elections. Also available are positions for electronic testing of election equipment in a warehouse environment, lifting up to 45 lbs.
What are the Election worker positions?
- Early Voting Site Manager – Oversees all operations at the early voting location; has added responsibilities prior to start of each early voting day, such as contacting all the workers in that location and picking up the supplies; sets up voting equipment; assists voters who are required to vote provisional ballots, and to fulfill additional responsibilities at the end of each shift.
- Early Voting Assistant Site Manager Clerk – Assists the early voting site manager with voter eligibility phone calls, paperwork, and other duties specified by the Clerk.
- Early Voting Machine Manager – Assists in setting up voting equipment prior to election day; handles the technical support requirements of the voting equipment; assists voters; and has additional responsibilities after polls close.
- Early Voting Inspector – Responsible for performing opening and closing ballot audits. Determines voter eligibility and distributes ballots to voters, reconciling the number of ballots cast with the number of ballots issued, and assists in closing down the precinct.
- Early Voting Deputy – Maintains order at the polling place; ensures the polling place is ADA compliant; designates the “no political activity” area outside the polling place; distributes voting supplies on Election Day; and assists in closing down the precinct